George Johnson & Company was founded in 1971 as a sole proprietorship in Detroit, Michigan by George G. Johnson, C.P.A. The Firm was organized through acquisition, following the merger of several regional firms (including that of the late Michigan Secretary of State, Richard H. Austin: Austin, Washington, and Davenport), the oldest of which was established in the early 1940's. In 1973, George Johnson & Company became a service corporation, and today we rank among the larger certified public accounting firms founded in the Metropolitan Detroit area.


For several years, we have had a working relationship with the BDO ALLIANCE USA, whose services enhance the professionalism we are able to offer our clients. As an Alliance member, our firm has grown steadily through formal practice development by both expanding services to existing clients and by offering a full range of services to new clients.


George Johnson & Company has also established new locations in Chicago, Illinois and Ann Arbor, Michigan, which is affiliated with Renaissance Financial Group, located at the same address.